Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Me and Jesus go to WalMart

 So Cindy gets up and says it's going to rain and I need to get groceries. I said great. I'll be here when you get back. So off she goes and I think "ya know if she hadn't already left I think I'd go with her." Just to get my steps in. Well about that time she comes back in. She forgot something. So true to my word. I pop up and say I'll go with you.

So there I am walking inside the Super Center looking at caps, movies and getting my steps in. All of a sudden I feel an intense presence.

Well. Fancy meeting you here. Since I left church and fundi religion we don't talk as much. 

Well. Who's fault is that? We decided a long time ago that you didn't have to get permission from priest, preachers or other fools to talk with me.

Yeah I know. But they seem to claim the "orthodox" faith when it comes to you.

Orthodoxy? Really? Do you know my story? Those guys killed me. 

I know. They had me pretty wrapped up at one time. Anyway I'm glad to see you. Been too long. I needed a reminder that Source cares enough to put on flesh and join this tragic, funny, wonderful, awful dance of life.

Well look in the mirror. You can see source in your own eyes. Even in a puppies eyes. With all the war and anger and self righteous liberal vs conservative vs race vs pronouns I just wanted to tap you on the shoulder. 

Thanks! I needed that. Even us heretics and former fundies need a reminder that this is a journey. Not the destination. 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment