Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Close Encounters

Hey Mr. Spaceman. Won't you please take me along for a ride...The Byrds

I read and watch a lot about UFO's. I enjoy looking at the night sky and wondering who might be out there looking at the stars at the same time. Also, wondering if anyone is looking back at our little rock in space.

"Do you have to drive me out of my head? I says Hey you, get off of my cloud"...Rolling Stones


I don't have a strong opinion on what UFO's might be. I've seen some things I can't explain and one that I still can't believe I saw. The human mind appears to be designed to perhaps filter out things if they blow our reality apart. At least it seems that way.

But, still for the most part I just have fun with the subject of UFO's. I recently read a book that I believe first came out in the 80's. It was by a French scientist called jacques vallee. He is well known in UFO circles as a serious researcher. As a matter of fact the scientist in the Close Encounters movie is said to be based on him. I read some of his stuff back in the day. But, recently read an ebook called "Messengers of Deception."

I thought they were angels. Much to my surprise we climbed aboard their starship. We headed for the skies...Styx

He takes the UFO myth from ancient times through modern sightings. In another book "Passage to Magonia." he compares ancient biblical accounts such as Ezekiel's wheel up through Celtic fairy lore or The Fae right on up to Victorian airships and balloons to the modern flying saucer, foo fighters and flying disks. 

He makes connections that actually point to the possibility of an ancient active consciousness manipulating and pushing human kind in evolving right up through present day. Kind of fun and interesting and just the kind of stuff that I've always enjoyed. He also connects some Asian, African and Aboriginal accounts and traditions.


But in Messengers of Deception He gets a little darker. What if some government or even world black opps are manipulating the "UFO" myth for their own gain? Perhaps to hide their secret weapons or maybe even to mask  psychic experiments on unwitting citizens. Like I say it's a twisty conspiracy laden trail and I don't subscribe to it. But. What if?

"And we want to know who's wing are you under? You better step to the right or we can make it hard"...Eagles

I also recommend Project Beta by Greg Bishop. That one will open up a scary and proven operation that led to the suicide of a man who was caught up in government manipulation simply by being curious. 

So my happy little extra terrestrial world does have a darker side. Thankfully I have a healthy skeptical approach to the subject. I keep an open mind but I keep my distance from the black holes of conspiracy theories, angry ET's and ouija boards. 

As a matter of fact check out Nick Redfern's "Final Events" or Nigel Kirner "Song of the Grays" if you like your UFO'S blended with the demonic and the apocalypse.

I prefer to think that a higher consciousness would be ushering us into a new evolutionary jump beyond our tribal politics and religions and wars. Maybe a place where we realize there are not different races but one race. The human race and we can take our place among the stars. 

"With your mind you have the ability to form and transmit thought energy far beyond the norm.
Calling occupants of extra ordinary most extraordinary craft."..Carpenters

Until then I love to grab the popcorn and stream Invaders from Mars or Close Encounters of the third kind and enjoy. Or walk out under the stars and think "what if" The universe so they say is expanding. Everything exists within consciousness. So maybe my optimism is justified. After all. I'm part of this vast cosmos and maybe we even transcend it. Who knows "What Dreams May Come"

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment