Friday, March 18, 2022

Ramblings from the fringe

At times I almost dream. I to have lived a life the sages way. And tread once more familiar paths...."The field where I died" X-Files


I was reading in a reincarnation group I'm a member of recently. This is more of a scientific oriented group. Meaning that they stay away from past life regression and new age ideas of karma. They concentrate on statistics of spontaneous past life recall of children based on the work of Professor Ian Stevenson University of Virginia. If you don't know who that is then Google is your friend.


Crazy people walkin' round with blood in their eyes. And all she wants to do is dance dance dance....Don Hensley.


  Anyway, being me I kind of enjoy the past life regression discussions and a little new age woo. But, then again I like a little fun in my world view and a little outrageous shenanigans to lighten the mood. But, I behave when I'm posting in this particular group I'm talking about.


You. Who are on the road. Must have a code that you can live by...Crosby,Stills &Nash.


Where was I? Oh yeah. So someone in the group mentioned something (i can't remember just what.) and it reminded me of my pot & beer filled misspent youth. So I mentioned that I've been bored most of my life. And that some if not all of my marijuana and alcohol use was a direct result of that. Which then led to a discussion of carry over from past life experience. 


Never mind your name. Just give us your number....On the border...Eagles


Be that as it may I still wonder about my life long boredom. It's as if I'm always waiting for the real world to reveal itself and the mundane religious, scientific, Western worldview to be exposed as the imposter that it is.


Nobody knows if it's something to bless or to blame. I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane...Waylon Jennings


Which might partly explain my love of weird controversial subjects. Start a discussion about ancient aliens or how Tuesday Weld is actually an Illuminati High Priestess and I'm there. LBJ murdered JFK and Elvis is secretly living out his days in an assisted living facility and the U.S. government has a secret alien base inside Mount Shasta and pass the bong.

On one of my trips around the interwebs I heard a podcast host ask a guest if he was a weird kid growing up. My tribe for sure. I devoured ghost stories and comic books. One of my favorite movie moments was a scene where the sun hits Dracula and he crumbles into ash. I remember watching the old black and white production of "The Haunting" and being deliciously terrified as a child. 

I haunted the library for "true" stories about ESP and flying saucers. My sister's best friend growing up and she was also one of my best friends told a gruesome story of her uncle being burned in a fire. One day after a Dark Shadows viewing on TV we decided to have a seance. After all her uncle might have wanted to tell his story. Thankfully our little 8-10 year old selfs didn't manage to pull in any critters from the beyond. 

These days I see the need to relax and enjoy life a little more. I honestly do have reason to feel we are more than biological by products in a meaningless universe. But, I have less inclination to prove it. I might not really believe that ancient aliens seeded life on earth. But it's a fun thing to speculate about. 

Maybe the U.S. government isn't covering up the approaching UFO armada but I did see something in the sky that I can't explain. 

And sure a lone assassin could have murdered the president but the C.I.A. has done some freaky stuff. 


He stays away a lot now from the parties and the club's. And he's thinking while he's jogging around. Sure is glad he quit the hard drugs....He's an old hippy

not able at my age to get drunk and I wouldn't even if I were able. I like being in control of myself as much as possible. I haven't smoked pot in 30 years and after heart surgery I'm not about to put any smoke of any kind in my lungs.

But, in my mind I still like to look up at a starry night sky and wonder what might be just beyond sight of this world. Even with a drug free mind and just the thought of "what if?" As a matter of fact it's even better with a sober mind. Because if I just get still and clear my thoughts I can see where anything is possible and the reality is endless. 

Peace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment