Thursday, March 17, 2022

March and Transitions.

 It's March. This has always been a transitional month for me. My maternal grandfather was born in March in the early 1900's. He transitioned in the late 1970's. I was born in March. I had open heart surgery about 4 years ago and had to have it repaired that same year in March. I'm from Alabama and March is a Spring like stormy month. We also had a generational blizzard in March 1993. 


My grandfather was the first person I ever felt connection with after death. I had a personal vision and around 43 years later it remains a signpost along the journey for me. I have my thoughts about death and what comes after. I don't have a real big need to convince anybody else of what I feel. Although being human it's always nice to hear someone else confirm something you treasure. The same way it's disconcerting to hear someone dismiss it. Still, truth is truth. But for me I have come to a place where some things are established and it cost energy to constantly argue.

So I never engage with a fundamentalist Christian or a Secular humanist atheist. Life is too short and I find my energy depleted faster than it was in my youth.

Still at 65 there are moments when I like to take stock of where I am spiritually, mentally and physically from time to time. Some of the best advice I ever had came from my Christian Pastor back when I was a regular church goer. He said Steve sometime the best prayer is simply "Oh God, oh God, oh God." 

That one has helped get me through an anguished moment or two. No theology. No trying to ask for a sign or truth. Just a shout out into the universe for the one source of my being to hear me.

I think about my "beliefs" from time to time. That word "belief" carries way to much religious baggage for me. I don't know enough to believe anything. I do have my life experience. Meditation and prayer when I know I've tapped in to something eternal and true. But, I can't put it in a box. 

The world seems crazy these day's. People getting bombed because a man gave himself to darkness and power. People being oppressed and getting horrifying health reports and losing loved one's. I don't have all the answers. I don't know if I have any of them. But, as I step out and engage another day I'm thankful. Also, Oh God, oh God, oh God!

Peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment