Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Comfortably Numb


 I realized that I just didn't have the energy for another sound bite post on facebook. I  don't have the energy for another "just so" story from the right or the left. For the record I believe that we need to calm down and talk with each other instead of at each other. I do lean left. I do take the words of Jesus seriously when he says "whatever we do to the least of these." But, I also know that everybody has a life experience and an opinion. I've seen only a couple of truly evil people in my 59 years on this planet. Most people are conflicted. Most people are decent at their core but they are also afraid of people who are different. Anyway, right now as far as politics and religion and hate and violence. I'm just tired. Trying to get to the end of this part of my eternal journey without doing too much more damage to my own soul and none to anybody else's.
Peace.




Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?


Another shooting. Another reason to hate Obama, Hillary, The N.R.A. White men, Muslims, Christians. Just depends on which channel you happen to be tuning in at the moment.

 

Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again.
Relax.


 

Well, I can vent it all on facebook. Listen, I know the truth. Listen this is what we should do. Get rid of all the guns. That will shore up the human heart quite nicely. If you don’t agree we can send you to a sensitivity class.  This is what we need to do. Take all the people that don’t look “American” and put them in camps and take the heads of families and ship them to a top secret “facility somewhere.” Wait a minute! Lets get religious fanatics out of the public eye. Wait a minute. Lets get the bible back in schools. Why, we used to know how to ….Wait a minute. Listen up. $#%#@

 

I'll need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
Can you show me where it hurts?


 

Ya know if they would just pull their damn pants up and ….Wait a minute if the old white men would just shut up and admit they are the reason for all the racism and hate in the world. Why you…@#$%$

 

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.


 

It’s judgement is what it is. Why, I remember when I was a child….Wait a minute. You can’t tell me anything. I just read a study the other day that shows that people “like you” are closed minded. So, I  don’t need to hear anything you have to say. What? I’ll tell you what you …@#$%$#

 

When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.


 

I’m going to binge watch that series again today. It speaks to me…It explains all the evils of the system man. You gotta see it…..I’m telling you that he was a great evangelist son and if you will stand with him then all of “those” people will be destroyed in god’s wrath. I know because I sent in a $300 love donation and I have the pendant to prove it…..What? well  on public radio the other day I heard from a very well respected scientist that the only reason you think you have a feeling is because a certain section of your brain is being sent a signal. What? On whose authority? Why you #$%$# On God’s authority. What? You can’t question me on that. I told you it’s Science!

 

O.K.
Just a little pinprick.
There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?


 

Well, yeah we might have stolen it from the heathens but ya know god was on our side. Besides what were they doing with it? It was just growing up and trees were taking over….Well, I don’t need to respect anything you have because ya know that California and Texas belonged to “my people” first…Well if they had of been obeying nature. All’s I’m saying is it’s a plot to take away our guns man…

 

I do believe it's working, good.
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go.


 

Well, what I’m saying is if we could seal up our borders….Well wait a minute are you going to shoot people for trying to better their life? That’s a little girl over there. You think you could shoot her for coming across the border?  Why you…..@#$%$#&. I’m voting for him because he is going to make them build that wall and pay for it. ….What? F.B.I.? She’s not worried about the F.B.I. Are you some kind of racist? Why would you ask that? Why you…#$%@&

 

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.

 

I know people died and people are hurting. But, the message is important. We can agree on that can’t we? Hush here they come. I gotta get this point across. It’s important! What? I can’t hear you. But, I did hear my political party leader say…

 

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb

 

 

Hey look at this. See this proves that it’s “them” that are causing all the problems.  I was just on my “group’s” facebook page and some idiot came in to troll. Man we let him have it. We all agreed that he/she is an idiot. By the way let me show you this post on youtube. I just found it.

I have become comfortably numb….Pink Floyd

 

 

 

I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment