Tuesday, May 8, 2018

reeling in the years.

That ship,the writer thought,is called old age. No one particularly wants to cruise on it, but the staterooms are full. The gangholds too, for that matter....The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet...Stephen King.

How did this happen? I still look through these eyes that I've looked through since I've been here. I feel like me. But, young people kind of give me space these days. Deference I guess you would call it. Ain't I still a bad man? But, I look in the mirror and I realize that the years have gone by and I'm not helpless and not sad but I am a little put out by how fast they've gone. 

Just yesterday I was drinking Pony Millers ( anybody under 50 even know what those are?) and maybe toking a doobie and getting ready to see if a certain little lady was around town. But, that was 40 years ago. Just yest

No comments:

Post a Comment