Monday, May 14, 2018

everybody is entitled to a piece of my mind!

I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it...Frank Costanza Seinfeld episode "The Strike." 

I was thinking of this today while on facebook. I came across a post in one of my Stephen King groups. The poster was a grown woman but she was preening over the author like she would do anything and I mean anything to simply meet him. Matter of fact had she been a guy and Stephen King had been female alarm bells would have been going off. I know I'm to damn old to be a fanboy and I really don't understand it anyway. I mean I enjoy reading Stephen King but I also enjoy classic rock, college football and major league  baseball. But, I have no real interest in meeting most or any of the people that play it. Matter of fact what if my sports or cultural hero's are jerks? What if I catch them on a bad day and from then on I think they are jerks. So, no I'll just re-read Salem's Lot and if I were to actually meet Stephen King then I would shake his hand and move on with life and thank him for his work.

I also don't do political absolutes. I consider myself a Democrat these days and somewhat liberal. But, due to identity politics and silly offended safe space seeking idiots I can't just blankly call myself a liberal. But, I sure ain't no conservative. How do you say you are pro life and then vote with people who deny kids clean water and food at lunch and poor people health care? How are you better than an abortionist? But, anyway that's as political as I want to get. People are some kind of angry these days. Even though I agree with much of the left leaning political talking points I am not anti white nor do I buy the "People of Color" b.s.

Bulletin:  Black folks were brought here in chains. Comparing the black experience to the Hispanic or Asian experience is honestly? Dishonest. Some silly little pop singer wanted hotels to stock shampoo for "people of color" WTF does that even mean? African American and Hispanic and Asian hair needs are as different and maybe more so than African American and White people hair needs. Sheesh, hotel shampoo is for folks like me who are not very picky since I'm almost bald and an older guy anyway. Otherwise bring your own and don't depend on free hotel shampoo.

Privilege: Don't get me started. To act like every black person is born worse off than every white person is an idiotic statement. Which "privilege" do I give up? I was born with really weak eyesight. But, I can see just by putting a plastic frame with lenses on my nose. People who are born blind don't have that particular "privilege" So, everybody has something that somebody else doesn't have. I'm not going to get into it right now. But, this separating people by skin or gender or texture of hair is honestly extremely stupid.

A young social warrior the other day posted that not all "people of color" are the same and "white people" should follow some rules. She then lumped all people of color into one basket and stupidly stated rules of how white folks could or could not speak. Insert eye roll here. Also, at my age I will not greet you fondly if you refer to me as a "Dear White People." I'm not a white people. I'm Steve. Glad to meet ya. Now move along.

Conservatives run me crazy these days. First consider this. The "G"od they follow is angry and has a stick up his butt. He loves you but if you don't accept his "free" gift then he will burn you forever and ever. Honestly? You expect me to bow and scrape to a character like that? Let's see first I make this naked ape like creature and call him a man. Then I send an arch angel with more knowledge and smarts than the "man" can ever have and  I say. IF this fallen angel with all his smarts can fool ya then I am going to burn you forever and ever. But, if you happen to say the sinners prayer or if you get aborted which is evil by the way then, I will let ya into heaven. Even if you are a total jerk and abuse women and cheat the poor and don't pay your fair share of taxes while taxing others. Then I will still let you in if you say the magic words. So, Jesus is a get out of jail free card for assholes.

Now, don't get me wrong. My faith has been the bedrock of my sanity for my whole life. I am not even sure how an atheist functions without magical thinking to convince themselves that chemical reactions and meatbots have meaning. But, the conservative church has so watered down faith as to make it nonsensical.

Anyway, I'm not sharing this blog with facebook or twitter just yet if at all. I'm just venting.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment