Thursday, February 12, 2015

Why Then oh why can't I?

Colorado Springs, Colorado 2002. Behavioral Health Facility working in social services. I open my mouth to say something and the "Bama" or southern accent comes out. A nurse, highly educated and well spoken says: "I hate Racist." Why you might ask? Why would she say that? Hollywood and books and talk shows fault? Hear a white southerner talk and you automatically think racist? I don't know. Maybe.

But, I'm telling you that I'm from Alabama and I'm not racist. Most of us are not racist. Honest!

2014: Talk radio: Paul Finebaum Show: Next caller is Tammy from Alabama: Pawllll, them bammers is lying bout Awbarn Pawlllll. Also, them damn yankees at the New York Times Pawlllll. They hate uz and Pawllllllll.

But, honestly most people from Alabama don't judge you on a football team. Great people from Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Auburn, Alabama and all points in between. Honest.

1960's: University of Alabama: "School House Door." I don't even have to tell ya do I?

But, honestly, I promise. Most of us realize that there is only one race. The human race. I promise we are ready to join civilization.

2002: Colorado Springs, Colorado: Coffee shop. Overhear two ladies talking. "I'm telling you I went through Alabama. The things I heard about race and politics was scary.

But, honest. We are not all like that. I promise.

Present Day: The United States of America will not make a law that promotes religion or makes anybody subject to another person's religious views. All people will be treated equal and what two consenting adults do is their own business.

Judge Roy: We are Gawd's country. Now them Muslims and Buddhist and all them others they don't have rights. Why, I will fine any of my judges that issue a license to homo's.

But, honestly, we are not all.....Ah hell, I give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment