Friday, April 26, 2013

Ufo's and Aliens.

  I have always loved off beat stuff. I am a Stephen King reader and loved Dark Shadows and the Christopher Lee Dracula and Vincent Price Edgar Allen Poe movies as a kid. I would search my Weekly Reader back in the sixties at Walnut Park Elementary in Gadsden, Alabama for Ghost stories. The occasional football, baseball or basketball book but, mainly goblins and things that go bump in the night. I grew up loving to read horror novels and I remember when I was working at the Gadsden Public Library. The head librarian of the Children's Section ( I worked with the computers and they were in the children's section) Anyway, Ms. Margaret Mquire (one of the smartest and finest folks I've had the pleasure of working with) would always joke with me and ask me what "one" word horror novel I was reading this time. Many of the old 1980's horror novels were "One or two word" titles. :-) Ya know, like "The Haunting" The Stand, Ghost, Mystery and so on. Anyway, I loved stuff like that and even though I don't read as much horror these days (unless, I'm reading the news) I still find it an interesting genre. I also loved to read "true" accounts of the "paranormal." So, ufo stories caught my attention fairly early. One reason I first started this blog was to explore my interest in all things wierd and off beat and especially ufo and paranormal stuff. But, I kind of got caught up in religion and politics and other more immediate concerns of life and so most of my blogs have been a little on the serious side. Matter of fact I felt my last blog on religion was a little over the top and heavy handed so I wanted to step back and breathe and have a little fun.
 Now, full disclosure here. While I love the pop culture and the Grey aliens and the movies and shows and books that talk about them. I am absolutely NOT a believer in space aliens or ufo's or the space brothers. Now, I have seen a ufo or two in my time but it was truly ufo Unidentified flying object with the emphasis on the Unidentified part. I don't think it was a craft from Venus as cool as that would be. :-)  I am also not a believer that the space aliens are actually demons from the pit of hell come to deceive the elect or that Jesus will come back riding a space ship. Silly? Not if you've followed this stuff on the internet like I have. You would be amazed at some of the theories and arguments that people get into.
But, I don't discount that something might be happening. I also don't discount that some people have had encounters that are not simply products of their imagination. But, ufo's are something that I don't completely throw away. But, I'd have to see it to believe it. Then even if I see it I will have to be closer than just seeing a light in the sky. It's kind of like seeing anything out of the ordinary. You might see it and I might know and trust you. But, until I see it myself it won't be real to me. I can identify with Thomas. It's nice to be able to believe something. But, being able to touch and feel and "grasp" something for oneself is still the best and most convincing evidence there is.

Now, to my own UFO sighting. A couple of years ago I was in my back yard one early evening in Northport, Alabama. I noticed what I thought was a plane moving somewhere in the Northwest sky. I think that's right, I'm not much of a compass person. :-) Anyway, the craft was moving and I didn't see the red lights of a plane or hear the "chop" of a copter. Still it was a little way off and I thought maybe that was just due to wind and distance. But, then it just stopped! Now, I could think it was a satalite or a planet or something like that if I hadn't seen it moving from one spot to another. But, It just stopped in the sky. I looked at it and called inside to my wife to come out and see this. She said "I'm watching something right now." " Tell me if it's still there in a few minutes" or something like that. I kept watching and I still tell myself the following happened because I shook my head or something caused me to move my head. I tell myself this because I can't believe what I saw next. It looked as if it actually "zig zagged" in the sky. Left to right, up and down. Then it moved again and I think it just moved on off to where ever it was going. Anyway, I"m sure there is a rational explanation for this. I didn't call the news and I don't intend to write a book about the space bro's. :-()  But, it was an interesting experience and I still look toward that patch of sky when I'm out at night.
 So, I do enjoy talking and reading and even going on message boards and reading what others have to say about the subject. I do know one thing the "de-bunkers" have wrong. Some of us who have seen a ufo don't automatically start blabbing to the press about a false sighting of Venus. We actually or at least I actually try and find the most rational and mundane explanation.

 After all I like my things that go bump in the night to fit securely inside a Stephen King novel or a movie and not at the foot of my bed. :-)

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment