Sunday, March 31, 2024

 know my soul is experiencing this life.This dream world. This moment. As a fleeting moment in eternal reality. I feel the pump of the blood through the veins. The beat of the heart. The looks of the young as they see the next fleeting moment and think of it as all reality. 



But they don't see me anymore than i saw my elders along the journey. There was a man and he didn't walk in this dream world long. Some say he didn't walk or even exist at all. Some believe he must have had a Superman "S"  under his cloak and an antiseptic bland inner life of totally separate thoughts than the ordinary humans around him.



 I think he walked the earth. I think he used the toilet and noticed the human form around him and sweated and fought and lived in his brief trip of a lifetime of experience. 



I think the temptation wasn't as simple as the legends that sprang up around the New Testament.i don't think taunting a rich kid who already recognized his own divinity would be much of a temptation. 



But tempting and taunting a man, a human being like me? That's the temptation. The thought that "you're not good enough, you're not really a divine being straight from the source of all love. What awaits you is nothingness, darkness."



Now that's scary. That's the temptation of humanity which is represented in Jesus. That's the "Temptation of the Christ " That's the seed of fear that enables war, poverty and hate.



To take up a cross. To say that this intense dream world with all it's importance and pleasure and desire isn't the most important state or even the true state of being. That even death doesn't touch "I AM" that's what i feel Jesus was saying and doing. 



To Resurrection. I stood at the graves of my Maternal grandparents several years ago. I got the most wonderful thought in my mind as i stood there. "Happy Easter." It wasn't March or April. But they had experienced Easter! I will soon have a Happy Easter myself.



 So on this day when some feel only they have a pipeline to eternal life. When other's feel the whole thing is a myth and others hide eggs and some have different beliefs i think there are some things most of us can agree on. Chocolate easter bunnies are good 😊 Hope is eternal.



I have my own thoughts about resurrection and eternal reality. I don't have a religion to sell or a cynical snide dismissal of others journey. 



But Easter? I'm all in! I follow the hope and the reality of the one who says "love never fails " So on this journey and on this day i truly say with my grandparents and all of the reality of spirit. "Happy Easter!"



Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment