Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Book Review: The Real Story of the O.K. Corral


I've just finished a book by Jeff Guin called "The Last Gunfight" The real story of the Shootout at the O.K. Corral. It's a real eye opener for folks from my generation (I'm now 61) who grew up on the Hollywood legend of the American Western Hero.

My generation grew up on western hero's battling bad guys and fighting Indians. Sorry, no political correctness back then. Just the talk hero riding into town kicking ass and taking names. No regrets because they "never killed anyone that didn't need killin." So this was an eye opener. The legend of Wyatt Earp and the fierce righteous cowboys and lawmen turned to myth right before my eyes. But if you like history and have an interest in the old West this one is highly recommended. Just don't expect John Wayne and Maureen O'hara. Not even Clint Eastwood and Sondra Locke. ;-)
<br/><br/>
<a href="https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/25565494-stephen-snead">View all my reviews</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment